Moderator: Ninjee

Improved Mech W Variants And/Or Improved Railgun

MechII

0:01 - Jul 23, 2012 #1

I want to know what everyone thinks of increasing armor on w variant mechs to be equivalent in percentage terms to what they lack in armor compared to the a variants, as part of some new mod.

This kind of mod would have be adopted by vast majority of players because it does not work properly as host only feature... If someone decided to hack extra armor onto their mechs above what the hosts levels are, they would show as dead mechs shooting on everyone else's screen.. Not to mention you can spot this in temp files during and after game. So no worries for cheat problems with a mod like this.

My reasoning for coming up with this option is that w mechs are hardly used, whether its a stock or mods game. It would promote use of all new tactics based on positioning and targeting of w and a mechs together, and perhaps help balance out the power of modded j mechs more effectively.

These w variant mechs would be easier to kill by j railers compared to armor mechs but would have a stronger return volley.

With regards to the railgun, we all know how effective it is on stationary mechs using c button and j mechs especially. For some reason this is the only weapon in the game that can only be fired if the mechs legs and torso are oriented a certain way, making it much harder to use effectively on a or w variants...

We can move the railgun to an open slot in the compbas.csv file that doesnt have this limitation, and it would act the same as all other weapons...

These changes may really be a big upgrade in gameplay, or perhaps create new imbalances, I don't know. However I think these are worth testing...

Let me know what you guys think.

Dislike

Wildcat
Community Member
Community Member
Wildcat
Community Member
Community Member

17:09 - Jul 23, 2012 #2

The rail gun idea is a good i think, however modifying Ws wouldn't be worth the effort since i doubt anyone would use them even with a new mod, They'd try them once, get raped by J railers and say fuck it. W's don't normally make a "return volley" cos they would die first hit anyways lol...I am willing to test it with you but i doubt any of the other players would find any interest in this.

I think we should focus on getting the maps provided for everyone one.. Onion's installer has some but it's missing a few, Arena2 and PUNCTURE.

I would honestly be more interested in a couple new weapons or even mechs if that's possible. Onionbag mentioned this in his 30meg installer file. Actually infact i talked to him today and he said "Onionbag> it had the drop down window coupled with cumstas repacking tool" Although he has these files on his other computer and he refuses to help the MCG community any further so what else is new? I think a couple new mechs and weps could prove to be interesting and I think some players would actually go for that.. but i think right now, Maps is most important.. getting arena2 and Puncture again would be great. I'm getting tired of hotshot's THREE and RANDOM over and over.

Once everyone agrees to some changes, I think it would be best to some how make an installer file so everything is included in it, nothing goes missing, its easy to use.. install once and everything is there. We should make one with ALL the maps and another as an expansion with some of your mods and maybe an added single player campaign or something like Harv did just for fun. Well those are just my ideas and thoughts.

-Wildcat

Dislike

16:54 - Sep 12, 2012 #3

lol

The problem with Mech2 and Wildcat, besides being total dumbfuck noobs, is that they got no imagination.

The problem with having no imagination is that it makes you a dumbass.

Ironically, being a dumbass also makes you a fag.

You are both dumbass, dumbfuck, noob fags.

You do not need to hack the game because you lose, are bored or "want something new".

There are INFINITE permutations, gamestyles and game choices NATURALLY PRESENT in the game as it was originally packaged and meant to be played.

You do not need to HACK THE GAME TO UNLEASH THESE POSSIBILITIES, you simply need to NOT BE A TOTAL NOOB, DUMBFUCK, RETARDED ASSHOLE.

How is this possible? How is it possible to make the game radically new without hacking?

I will explain it to you both. I will do this slowly and simply, because you're both TOTAL IDIOTS.

Here it goes.

All it takes is for you, as host, to USE YOUR FUCKING BRAIN to MAKE A GAME RULE which TOTALLY CHANGES the GAME.

For example, when I used to play, I invented the following game rules, all perfectly ballanced:

1. MASH (Medium, Assault, Scout, Heavy) - here everyone must get 1 medium, assault, scout and heavy.
2. TEAM MASH - here, 1fg must be pure M, A, S or H.
3. 3VM - Everyone must get 3 vehicles and 1 Mech
4. IS vs Clan Long Range only
5. Scat Ws only gauss rifles only
6. IS vs IS low rp capbase AO (not invented by me)
7. MASAKARIS vs MASAKARIS on CAPISLE
8. Assault Mechs only CAPISLE no bridge blowing AO
9. lokis only random
10. 3 uller As and 1 of Any Other Mech (hilarious with 1 madcat or 1 Turk, mech enforced by host), As only, AO on Random
11. Breechline IS vs IS ao
12. ThreeAO - 2fgs of novas 1 fg of thors per side - LR weapons only
13. Stock Jagermechs only any map is amazing
14. Stock Catapults only any map is amazing
15. hollanders er lasers only any map is amazing
16. LR machine guns only any mech is amazing
17. Turks and Scouts only AO
18. 1 awesome 2 catapults per player stock ao
19. Centurions lr only ao 1 scout allowed
20. IS vs IS slow medium lasers, ATLAS and scouts only.
21. X PULSE only IS vs IS
22. lrms only, 6/6 same mech each player both teams (mech decided by host).

etc etc

I pull badass rules outta my ass at the speed of light. It takes me less time to cook up and work out balanced bad ass rules and gametypes than it takes your slow geriatric ass to host any dumb stock game. Why? Cos my BRAIN WORKS and I DO NOT SMOKE PENIS.

And don't get me started on maps like Indystrike and possibilities with minelayers and IS mechs.

There are INFINITE GAMETYPES each which RADICALLY change the STYLE and TACTICS of the map. If you have never played gauss W scats only or er laser only hollanders, or stock Jagermechs only, or 3 stock uller As 1 Madcat A, you need to shut the fuck down.

You ARE NOT AWARE OF THE BADASS and FUN gamestyles because YOU ARE BOTH TOTAL RETARDS and always GOT BOOTED from ERRATIC ROOMS.

HACKS are for IDIOTS who GOT NO BRAINS and LACK IMAGINATION.

I HAVE A BIG PENIS.

MECH2 RENTS HIS VAGINA TO MEN.

THIS IS WHY ERRATICS WERE BADASS GAME HOSTS and why MECH2 SUCKS DONKEY COCK FOR A LIVING. MECH2 is like a fascist dictator who hacks up the place. Dude is anti democratic asshole, like George Bush. Fuck you Mech2. Pull the troops outta Afganistan bitch. You Guantanamo asshole. I bet your mother is a SHAVED GOAT.

EAT MY DICK.

You know im right.

Always.

Foxy is black.

Last edited by ERRATIC_CHEESE on 17:13 - Sep 12, 2012, edited 4 times in total.
Dislike