Moderator: Ninjee

9erRed

Jun 07, 2014 #11

Greetings all,

What might work for your 'all purple' game is to go back to the compatibility setting and
- select the check box to run it in 256 colours.
When this game was designed that was the colour setting it had.
It cleaned up the entire game and everything looks like it should now, although it is in a rather small windowed size.
The resolution=3 setting only brings it up to 1024 x 768. Something in the range of 1920 x 1080 might be a bit nicer looking on most wide screen monitors, but sadly the game was never designed for any resolutions that size.

Although I still have flashing when I try to run it in full screen, very annoying.
- Did anyone get or have a solid solution for the flashing?

Good luck,
9erRed
Dislike

Slightly different problem
Slightly different problem

May 07, 2015 #12

I have a similiar problem, but instead of only screwing up the colors, i only get a flickering graphical glitch in the top left corner. This game used to work properly on my old pc with the exact same OS. But now that i have a high-end pc i get only this result no matter what i do when playing in fullscreen. Does anyone have this same problem?
Dislike

Get that shovel ready
Get that shovel ready

May 11, 2017 #13

I followed all the steps just as instructed. The resolutions work as far as screen size, but I'm still getting messed up colors in full screen mode. Makes the game unplayable. It still goes away in windowed mode, but then the larger resolutions mess up and I can't scroll the screen. Is there anything else I need to do to fix the color issue?
Dislike